While walking inside a relatives house and glancing at a “Right On” magazine you laugh and it jogs your memory and that moment when you danced in your shiny patent leather shoes, high top fades, and reaked of “Electric Youth” perfume.
After you start flipping through that vintage magazines, you can also recollect the first time you stood with your big girl cousin to catch the bus with your brand new “first day of school clothes.” You HAD to take those clothes off, and put on “play clothes” as soon as you got home.
Grabbing your pillow and laughing with your cousin about the first day you went to New Edition concert and watched them shake their Jheri Curl juice all over the stage, at Carowinds and cried with excitement. Those nostalgic moments give you that “feel good moment” that rejuvenates your soul, even if only for a second.
No matter what you are stressing about pleasant remembrances can hyptnotize you! Those forgotten times, were the framework for you becoming you.The minimalism you buried subconciously is the frame work and the beauty that influenced your life and you.Here is Troop!
Singer Blood Orange is also using that 80’s and 90’s feeling, that refresh your mind with happier, but loving times.Even when you began to think of negativity, reach inside your side and locate that laugh,sound, or perfume that made you remember your loved ones that may have passed on, that are still dancing in their afterlife.
Blood Orange’s Dancing Gives Me The Holy Ghost!!!
- Blood Orange- You’re Not Good Enough (jukeboxdivvy.wordpress.com)
- Download Blood Orange’s FADER Front Cover Mix (thefader.com)
- You: Album review: Blood Orange’s ‘Cupid Deluxe.’ (latimes.com)
- Music Video: A simple, seductive one-shot dance routine from Blood Orange (itsnicethat.com)
- Soul Train Awards Features A Star-Studded Lineup Of Performers (947thewave.cbslocal.com)
- The 2013 Soul Train Awards Boast Star-Studded Lineup (atlantablackstar.com)
Leave a comment
No comments yet.