“hip-hop in its golden age“, Spin‘s editor-in-chief Sia Michel says, “there were so many important, groundbreaking albums coming out right about that time”, and
MTV‘s Sway Calloway “The thing that made that era so great is that nothing was contrived. Everything was still being discovered and everything was still innovative and new”.
Writer William Jelani Cobb says “what made the era they inaugurated worthy of the term golden was the sheer number of stylistic innovations that came into existence… in these golden years, a critical mass of mic prodigies were literally creating themselves and their art form at the same time”.
- Jody Watley with Eric B & Rakim : Friends (guide2prince.org)
- DOPE Review | Sundance 2015 (collider.com)
- Sundance Quickies: Dope, Last Days in the Desert, Nasty Baby (thefilmexperience.net)
- Jody Watley : Don’t You Want Me 12″ Single (guide2prince.org)
- PRhyme 2015 – Official Tour Trailer @REALDJPREMIER @RoyceDa59 @YourOldDroog (7thboro.com)